Monday 26 March 2012

Red kites and buzzards


Today was a milestone day in the MLS post knee surgery recovering programme - I played golf with Crispin an old school friend. The first game of golf in ages. Although I could feel my knee in the follow through I came through 9 nine holes relatively unscathed. We did choose a a very flat and forgiving couse in Oxfordshire for my return to action. The real highlight however was not my golf but the stunning array of red kite and buzzard circling in turn close by. Often we stopped and gazed in wonder at the effortless circling of these beautiful birds of prey against a clear blue sky(red kites are slightly bigger with the "V" tail and are red, of course!).
There are many differnt ways to worship God and connect with Him. For me, playing golf again on a beautiful day with a old friend with red kites and buzzards a plenty - it is easy to worship God.

No comments: