Thursday 22 September 2011


Last night I suddenly found myself surrounded: surrounded by VIPs. I was at the Collingwood Fashion Show and by virtue of being "Beverley's husband" (The Director of the show) was invited to sit on the front row with Beverley and the Countess of Wessex. I also found myself talking to Virginia Bottomley, the Mayor of Surrey Heath, the CEO of Surrey Heath, the Chairman of Surrey County Council and Gavin - bodyguard to the Countess; amongst others.
I was very impressed with HRH Sophie the Countess of Wessex. She looked lovely and was warm, friendly and engaging. At the interval she preferred not to mix with the other dignitaries but to be introduced to some of the students from the College backstage. I got the impression that she tires of pomp and ceremony preferring instead to mix with ordinary folk. Another good reason to have her come to the official opening of The Beacon.

No comments: