Monday 19 September 2011

Another new experience

I like trying new things. I like eating new foods. I like going to new places. I like meeting new people. On Sunday I had another new experience - an MRI scan on my knee. An MRI is a bit like a detailed x-ray of soft tissue, only it takes longer - 20 minutes in fact of lieing motionless, listening to Adele through headphones (the machine makes quite a noise). You have probably seen on TV the person slides into the tube-like contraption. In my case just my head was sticking out. I imagined I was being launched into Thunderbird 2 or into a time-capsule to be released into another century where I recognised nothing and no-one or maybe my body would emerge from the scientific tube and exposure to radiation with super-human powers? What if the Lord returned whilst I was having an MRI and I missed it?!
20 minutes is quite a long time for me to lie still. I can imagine lots of things in that time!

No comments: