Thursday 30 June 2011

L.A.A.A.B.


I have invented a new malaise. For those who are familiar with my blog I have invented illnesses, or rather named them, before - see P.U.G. - Parental University Grief. This time the malaise is called L.A.A.A.B - Loss of Athletic Ability and Associated Benefits. This is really about my knee. I went again to see Helen my physio who delivered the bad news:"you really need an orthopaedic surgeon" - pretty much what the doctor said. Helen went a step further however is saying that I would enter a period of grief - grieving the loss of not being able to do sport, grieving the loss of those friendship groups and the loss of myself as a person because doing sport is so much of who I am... I was very humbled by Helen's insight.
So I am coming to terms with my knee injury which now needs surgery and L.A.A.A.B.
I am grateful too for another friend, Sarah Parish, who said to me: "you will have to go though this. But God will speak to you and use you". I am sure He will.

No comments: