Tuesday 5 July 2011

Is it just me...?

I know, as Christians, we are supposed to "reign in life" but do you sometimes feel it is raining on your life instead? Or is it just me?
As you know, I am coming to terms with my injured knee and not being able to do sport for the rest of the year. I am also struggling to see because I have lost my reading glasses. I have got to the sad stage where I am looking in the same draw 6 times over - just in case. Then there is the unexpected bill this week, a bit of trouble with the car and shock horror an argument with Bev - yes it happens to us too.
I knew all this was beginning to get to me so I got up early to read and pray. I settled into psalm 138 and took comfort in these words: "though I walk in the midst of trouble you preserve my life".As I meditated in these words I heard a dripping noise. I looked up and discovered a water leak in the roof. The header tank in the loft leaking onto the ceiling. Is it just me...?!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hi Mark, Sorry to hear about your challenging time. Sometimes Satan really likes to attack us (even through our loved ones). Its horrible, but normally means you are on the right path. Why would he waste time on you if something fruitful was not just round the corner. Stay strong and be encouraged.
Paul (marlow)