Wednesday 23 October 2019

One of the best Training Days...

Recently I went on a training course set up by West Berkshire council for "senior leaders" (old people, like me I guess!). I didn't really know what I was going to but figured it would be a good place to meet people and learn. It was. On both counts. I learnt a lot. And met a bunch of great people.
The course was run by L3 Relational Systems and throughout the day there were gems liberally thrown out that I am still thinking about:

  • All behaviour is a display of an unmet emotional need
  • Family is the greatest underused resource available
  • Difficult child or child with difficulties?
  • Distressed behaviour not challenging behaviour
  • Watch Bene Brown on Youtube on Vulnerability
  • The small stuff is the big stuff
  • Try this: "When you...I feel ..."                                              

No comments: