Wednesday 25 June 2014

What I have learnt through my children's education Part 3 Encourage.

After 21 years it has finally come to an end - my children's schooling. No more lifts to school or College, no more homework, no more lunches, no more uniforms, no more exams. It is finally over. Phew!
My 3rd critical lesson that I have learnt is encouragement. I read somewhere that in the average school day one child receives about 12 negative comments about them. I don't know if that is true but I do know that part of my job as a parent is to encourage my child through their education. Encourage them to do their homework (with them if necessary), encourage them in sports and after school activities (go and support them and be that embarrassing parent who cheers them on !), encourage them in healthy friendships, encourage them to be on time (an important life lesson), encourage them in what they wear, encourage them to take a stand and to be different...

No comments: