Saturday 26 April 2014

Humbled by a friend who has just lost his wife

I went to see Graham today. He was my Best man, I was his. We have known each other for 35 years. His wife died recently. I went to see him to find out how he was doing after the funeral etc. I was amazed at the grace of God upon his life and the peace he displays. He are a few things he said whilst talking me through the events leading up to the death of his wife and since:
  • 2 days later, I went to church, sat at the front and worshipped God
  • You can choose to be angry at God or allow Him to help you
  • I know that how I conduct myself helps or hinders others' faith, I want them to have faith
  • Even though I prayed and my wife wasn't healed, we must keep praying
  • Death does not win, Jesus does
  • I feel peaceful
  • You know someone pretty well after 30 years of marriage
  • I feel excited about the future
Amazing.

No comments: