Friday 11 May 2012

Zumba Salsa and Batchata - new words new experiences.

Having not been able to do competitive sport for a year - one of the advantages has been trying new activities less demanding on my recovering knee. Bev and I decided it would be fun to try a new activity together. Bev chose Zumba and I have to say it has been great fun. I should also say that I have been doing Man Zumba with weights! This adds to our Salsa classes we did together for a while until I was told off for not going around the circle and dancing with other women - afterall Bev and I went together and I wanted to dance with my wife - no-one else. Not allowed according to our teacher. I didn't go again. This week we added another new word and experience to our growing collection - Batchata - another growing Latin dance\excercise craze. A bit more tricky to master this one although having a Spainish male Batchata teacher was impressive. He was good. Very good. I still miss playing 5-a-side though.

No comments: