Monday 31 October 2011

Yay for the NHS


Out of hospital now and home after and unexpected stay of 3 days - "systemic complications" I think it the official phrase. Basically, I did not do well under general anaesthetic. My temperature, pulse and blood pressure all fell (pulse to 40 and blood pressure to 83 - it was 59 and 118 pre-op)). Not good. I eventually woke to find myself in a cosy, warm air inflated blanket with tubes and wires and oxygen. So the Day Surgery turned into 3 Day Recovery.
I have to say though I was cared for very well. I am impressed and grateful to the hard-working and dedicated health care professionals who looked after me around the clock. So I am home - happy and grateful and a bit wobbly. I also had a visit today today from physio Emily who offered excellent advice regarding my knee, ice, exercises and crutches. My goal is not to be on 2 crutches when the Countess of Wessex arrives on Wednesday and to run on Boxing Day.

1 comment:

failedatheist said...

I have many friends in the operating theatres at Frimley, its a great hospital..a good place to be when things don't go to plan!