Friday 2 September 2011

Revolutionary teenagers

I love teenagers. I especially love radical, God-loving-fly-in-the-face-of-culture teenagers. Today I have been working with some. Tom and Steph, both 18, get married on Saturday. I have been rehearsing with them. How refreshing that 2 teenagers should want to get married before they have sex.
I have also been with Josh today who, as another 18 year old, wants to take a year out before university to work for the church. Brilliant.
Last night a group of teenagers came to The Beacon to practice instruments, sing and worship God.
Lastly, there is Zach who lives in Malawi but, as a godly 15 year old, wants to get baptised on Sunday at The Beacon before returning to Africa. He loves Jesus and wants to show it.
At the end of a summer when some teenagers have been rioting on the streets of the UK it is great to work with young people who set such high godly standards - revolutionary teenagers.

No comments: