Friday 30 September 2011

Life is fragile, handle with prayer.

It started with a loud bang! A road traffic accident out side our house at 7.45am. No one seriously hurt but 4 shaken passengers, one with injured face and back. I took out the cups of tea, chairs and blanket. Then it was onto the M3 then M25 for the journey to visit my brother. Stand still. An accident had closed the motorway. Good job I had taken an audio book to listen to: Rick Warren The Purpose Driven life. Brilliant for being stationery on a motorway and reminded of what really matters - "Why Am I Here? What is The Purpose of Life? What Am I living For?".
Finally, eventually, on to see my brother injured in a assault - battered, bruised, in plaster but still smiling (crookedly). It happened quickly, then...unconscious.
Anything can happen ... any day. As I thought about the happenings of the day Rick Warren's words rang in my ear: "Live each day as if it were your last".

No comments: