Wednesday 24 August 2011

More Celebrations ...


2011 is the year for celebrations in the LS family: Joseph is 21, Tom is 18, I am 50, Adam has got engaged, my brother got married and this weekend Bev and I celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary - 25 years! I am taking Beverley away for the w\e to somewhere she has always wanted to go...
In many ways I feel I am still learning about marriage, still re-learning the same lessons of communication, service, selflessness...even after 25 years.
Recently a couple who have been married for 40 years shared about the secret of marital sucess - "tell the other every day you love them and kiss on the lips every day". I am still learning.
My son says I always make marriage sound like it is such hard work. Sometimes it can be. But it is also great fun being married to Bev. She definately brings the fun and bounce and generosity and creativity and colour into my life.
Silver is good but I am going for Gold.

1 comment:

Bubbles said...

Thank you Mark for choosing me! I know I can be hard work to live with sometimes, but you are so good for me I love being with you. Looking forward to Rome SO MUCH and then the next 25 years!!