I am pleased Adam & Luki have got engaged. I am also pleased with the manner in which they got engaged.
I have often spoken to my children about courtship, boyfriends\girlfriends, sex and marriage. It is important, as parents, that we talk openly with our children so they feel able to speak with us about any of these subjects.
We have also spoken about engagement and how to go about it:
1. Get the right girl\boy. Choosing your mate is the biggest decision of your life, so choose wisely and take your time.
2. Involve others in the decision. Seek counsel from those who know you and your potential mate. What do they think?
3. When you have decided, honour the family - ask the father of your would-be-bride.
4. Plan the proposal and make it memorable. Adam certainly did. They will always remeber this moment so make it special.
5. Once you are engaged and have decided to wed don't leave it too long and once again honour the respective families by including them in the decisions and planning.
6. Pray! Pray for a husband\wife. Pray about this decision and the other subsequent ones. He knows what is best for you.