Wednesday 1 June 2011

Agony & Ecstasy (part 2)

I love swimming. I love doing front crawl up and down an empty lane in a nice pool. I can worship God swimming. I love the rhythm, the feel of the water rushing past my body, washing my face. I love the feel of all of my body working hard. Yesterday I swam front crawl for the first time in 18 months. My frozen shoulder has taken nearly 2 years to get better. I have not been able to swim since August 2009. The surgeon said to me in October 2010 that I would be OK by the summer of 2011. He was right. It is great to swim again. Ecstasy.
Unfortunately swimming is about all the exercise I will get for sometime. I will not be able to play football or squash for several weeks. I have a lateral ligament knee injury (from playing football). Agony to exercise on. So, mixed emotions.
Will I recover? I think so. It is all a matter of time and perspective...

No comments: