Friday 19 January 2024

Let's Talk about Fitness...

I am trying a daily new routine: run to the pool, swim, run home again. I call it my daily commute. It is a good start to the day for me as I have a largely sedantary job. Don't be impressed. I have got to know a few others at the pool now, John - he is the same age as me. He runs to the pool, swims, then does a body attack class, a spinning class, runs home and today is also playing golf! Or Liz at the pool who has swam the channel twice this year; or Liz aged 70 who beat me over 100m; or Irwin aged 70 who I couldn't keep up with over 5k this week; or Claire who over took me pushing a buggy at Park Run; or any of the triathletes I swam with this morning and had to keep stopping to catch my breath. I have to remind myself what the apsotle Paul said: "physical training is of some value but godliness has value for all things".

No comments: