Thursday 19 July 2018

Mark's book review of 12 Rules For Life by Jordan Peterson.

I liked it. I liked it a lot. 12 Rules For Life is a good, thoughtful read. It is not an easy read - Jordan Peterson is a very clever man who chooses his words carefully. The book and the man have proved controversial, especially amongst feminists and liberals, but I found a lot of good common sense here intellectually reasoned in this "anti-dote for chaos"- love your wife, take responsibility, care for your children, tell the truth, do good and read The Bible. This took me by surprise, but Peterson quotes The Bible in almost every chapter and talks about Jesus as our model a lot. Not to be rushed, but savoured and chewed over, 12 Rules will get you thinking...which I think is what it is meant to do.

No comments: