Friday 3 March 2017

Mark's Review of God is Good by Bill Johnson

Is it just me, or do others find it a bit trite sometimes when we are encouraged to repeat: "God is good...all the time"? I find myself wanting to say: "Yes, but..." Well, this book is for you. It is very helpful in instructing people, like me, understand God's character and His overwhelming goodness. The sub title of the book: "He's Better Than You Think" is brilliant. In typical Bill Johnson fashion some of his one liners are terrific - "Love stands for something. Love is confrontational. Love is honest. Love requires action. Love chooses the best. Love doesn't choose what feels good." I particularly enjoyed one page where Bill uses all these words: "Risk...explore...create...travel... extreme...bigger...adventure...search...curious...desire...faith." Inspiring. I loved it. And more thing...He really is Good.

No comments: