Friday 4 March 2016

What I learnt sitting on a mat.

This week I sat on a mat. Quite a lot. I was part of team going into schools teaching children about Easter. It was great fun and very informative - for me. I learnt that most children today do not know the Easter story - Jesus's death and Resurrection. For most of them Good Friday is good because it is the first day of the Easter holidays and Easter is about chocolate. The children were very engaging however and wanted to learn more about Jesus dieing on the cross. One boy concluded that the sky went black at that point because "God was in a bad mood because they killed His son". I was not thanked for my deep theological insights or Bible knowledge but was told by a delightful girl at the end: "Thank you for coming. You are very kind". Another lesson...it is not what you say. I also learnt that I like sitting on a mat with children.

No comments: