Saturday 30 May 2015

Diary of a Church Planter - running for the kingdom of God

I think I might have over done it this week - Park Run (with 500 others); tennis, squash, 5 a side football, swimming plus walking the dog each day...my body aches. In moving to a new town to plant a church it is important to meet people and make new friends. The most natural way for me to do that is through sport. I have met someone from my old school (running), someone who lives round the corner from me (football), someone who is going through a very difficult time, someone who produces the BBC 6 o'clock news (squash) and someone who has both daughters getting married in the next 6 months (swimming). All very worth while but I wonder if there is a less physically demanding way to make new friends...?

No comments: