Sunday 11 January 2015

Diary of a Church Planter Week 3 - Cup Cakes & Brownies

One of the great things about Beverley is that she bakes - and bakes great cup cakes and chocolate bronwnies. This week, as a way of getting to know the neighbours, we took a basketful of Bev's baking to the neighbours. They loved it, we got invited in, chatted and made friends. I went to the local leisure centre and found a vets 5-side football team (vets being older people, not animal doctors!) to join. We are beginning to meet people. As the church was squished last Sunday in a house we moved to The Waterside Centre this week, a youth centre in the centre of Newbury. It worked well and more people came. Now I need to get my head round insurance, copyright and CCL, Safeguarding and of course a bank account. I also introduced myself to the local MP, councillor and newspaper editor; in fact I am in the paper next week.

No comments: