Thursday 26 January 2012

Sushi on Wednesday

My enjoyment of the new church building knows no bounds. I am still thrilled each day to go to the new Beacon Centre and have a warm place to work with the staff - we used to have to wrap up in the winter to go to the old office. I am no longer apprehensive of another break in or damage to the (old) property. Every day there is some meeting, activity, party, going on - often several in a day. It is great to be in a warm, comfortable, secure building that is so alive and exciting.
On Wednesday my delight at being in the new building reached new heights when after a Cafe Craft Japanese food demonstration by Liz Teo I was offered Sushi for lunch! Occasionally I might manage a biscuit from Smarties (mother and toddlers), a cake from Golden Years(50+) but sushi from Cafe Craft!
Cafe Craft is just one of the new community initiatives in the building. It takes place on Wednesday afternoons at The Beacon and does what it says on the tin - a chance to do some craft with friends with tea and cakes (and sushi!).

No comments: