Thursday 15 December 2011

Need re-inflating?

At one of the parties I went to on the w\e I returned to my car to discover 2 back tyres were flat. Someone had tampered with them. I slowly limped round to the local garage to re-inflate them - with out success. Time to call for rescue to get us home. "Within the hour they said". 1 1\2 hours later a jolly man called Morris rescued us and took us home on the back of his lorry at 1.15am.
On Monday I took the car to the tyre fixer (well, rescue took me there actually) fearing the worse - " 2 new tyres mate". To my surprise Stuart, the tyre man, said: "You have been the victim of a very considerate vandal. (I did not know there was such a thing!)He has let you tyres down with a valve key". So 2 new tyres not needed after all, thankfully. Valves not tyres - much better.
Apart from not having met a "considerate vandal" to my knowledge, I did wonder when we are feeling flat how do we get re-inflated? Is it time with God to get things and Him in perspective or is it time with a friend to encourage and lift us?

No comments: