Tuesday 22 November 2011

No Perfect People Allowed

I am doing my wish list for Christmas. I can always think of books I would like. Not much else. That got me thinking as to what have been the most influential books I have read this year? I think the one book that stands out for me is No Perfect People Allowed by John Burke. It had a profound effect on me. This is the story of a church in Texas that learnt to welcome and love anyone - no matter what their background or pain. Unconditional love to the max. The acceptance of the church is powerful and the stories of many broken lives made whole moving and challenging. It's not new. Its not rocket science, but sometimes we need reminding that Jesus loved people - all kinds of people - and He "came to seek and save that which was lost"

No comments: