Saturday 5 November 2011

Breakfast with Michael Gove


Within one unusual week I have found myself with several VIPs. Not only did the Countess of Wessex come to The Beacon but I recently attended a breakfast where I discovered I was sitting next to Michael Gove. I was the guest of Councillor David Allen at a Conservative Party event. I do know Michael, having met him now several times but his profile in the government and the nation has rocketed in recent months. He and Tom (the winner of The Apprentice) were the 2 speakers at the breakfast. Tom was sitting diagonally opposite me!
Michael Gove is a brilliant orator - intelligent, knowledgeable, with a huge grasp of current affairs and a phenomenal memory both for people and facts. I was very impressed. He has also written a fascinating piece in Saturdays's Daily Mail on adoption - a subject he can speak of with some experience having himself been adopted. His story is very moving and his apparent determination to speed up the process of adoption encouraging.

No comments: