Wednesday 7 September 2011

Abortion in the news...

I have been trying to follow the abortion debate this week. I listened to Nadine Dories on BBC Radio 4 on Monday and have read some of the newspaper articles http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/07/nadine-dorries-abortion-amendment-defeated

I generally support Nadine. I think she is courageous. I think she is correct is wanting to highlight the fact that most of the crisis pregnancy counselling in the UK is provided by the very clinics that offer abortions - so what is the likely outcome?
I have also been very impressed by the work of Achor in Woking www.achor.org and Care Confidential in Basingstoke www.careconfidential.com who offer Crisis Pregnancy advice and remain caring towards the women whatever the choice.
Did you know that 18,000 babies have been aborted since 2002 on the grounds of being "disabled" - some having a club foot or cleft palate? 1,189 of those were aborted after 24 weeks - according to Department of Health figures. You might want to read that again.

No comments: