Tuesday 16 August 2011

A new kind of power.


It started with a group of total strangers. I was on my own in a surreal environment; an introduction; an explanation, some unfamiliar jargon, a safety briefing, signing some visitor forms, a little apprehension then a lesson from a scary guy at the front; then I took the wheel - I was driving an off-shore Honda power boat in the Solent near Southhampton at 35 knots (50 mph)around a choppy and very unfamiliar race course.
The kind staff of The Beacon had bought me a ride of a lifetime for my birthday.
It was brilliant. One of the best rushes ever. Terrifying, exhilarating, thrilling, satisfying - beats any theme park.
Do you think it counts as worship? "Whatever you do..." Col 3:23.

1 comment:

Jez Bayes said...

yes, definitely ... in fact, it might be something you can't enjoy in eternity if there being no sea is literal, so get as much as possible now!