Wednesday 10 August 2011

Holidays with Teenagers (part 1)

I think I am coming to the end of another era - the end of the L-S Family Holiday. Not so long ago I booked and looked forward to the whole family being on holiday together for 2 weeks in the summer. I would book the holiday in the winter and look forward to it. Not any more. Whilst I still think the Family Holiday is essential whilst the children are young, as they grow up 2 weeks with mum & dad (and no friends) becomes less attractive. My family now have their own plans and I seem to fitting around them - Mobilise, New Wine, New Day, Mission Trip to Spain, Soul Survivor and Carroty Wood are all part of the L-S summer holiday - without me! There are not 2 weeks left in the schedule.
I am of course grateful that my family want to go on Bible Weeks. No complaints at all. Get in the way of God and be with your friends!
So when they are here over the summer I will be with them, talk to them about what they have been doing and make the most of their presence. After all, it will not be long before they are not here at all.

No comments: