Sunday, 11 October 2026
Discipleship #1 Personal Responsibility
The woman looked at me held up a finger, pointed at me and said: "I am not growing in my Christian faith and it is your fault." I thought to myself "Is this woman's growth in Christ my responsibility?"
As a pastor of a church I take some discipleship responsibility for those entrusted to my care - but how much? All of it...?
Discipleship is fundamentally a personal responsibility. I choose to follow Jesus. I keep choosing to follow Jesus. I am responsible for my growth in Christ. I read. I pray. I worship. I grow. It's personal. It really is about me and Jesus. Sitting alone with Him is the best thing. There is nothing like it. Nothing. No substitute. No short cut. I grow when I am alone with Him.
I follow the rabbi step by step, day by day. Slowly. It takes time. Ultimately it is about me and Him (mostly Him).
Mark's tip: get a good paper Bible (less distracting than reading The Bible on your phone) and a cup of coffee and enjoy both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment